7.28.2006

Road Node Preparations::Earn Cash



Means earning a wee bit 'o cash. Thought I'd share a moment that happens with most jobs: the return of the gear. This is the standard-sized truck that backs into the loading dock, whereupon my stuff gets rolled off into the freight elevator and up to the studio.

Craig and Sophia give Road Node a hearty send-off. Sophia is UPM (unit production manager) of this amazing documentary I've been blessed to work on. It's so bare-bones, she's the one who does equipment returns. The project is so good that the actors (Nathan Lane, Donald Sutherland, Liam Neeson, Joan Allen, Danny Glover, so far) have flown into New York on their own dimes to be part of it.

Every working day I end up crying, for the story is a tragedy. Donald Sutherland in particular had me loudly weeping and blowing my nose from off set. Later, I told him, "Damn you! You made me go through half a box of tissues!" To which he replied, "Was it any good then?"

At the end of the day, Sutherland touched my left ear by means of saying, "Adieu.".

Now, I'm a wee bit jaded about celebrity as we know it, but after the performance he gave and the man he was to work with, I was electrified.

It's good to know that I can still find thrills in my job.


Play Quicktime 3gp Version




Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoa. Hey. Hi. Talk to me.