12.08.2006

The 13th Annual Alternative New Year's Day Spoken Word / Performance Extravaganza

This event is something dreamed up with my ex-husband that he continues to produce. Don't much like going out on New Year's Eve, but the day after kinda rocks. Eerily quiet in New York City around noon. A lot of the folks whose body parts you see here are long-time poet-friends.

First posted this mashup / collaboration this summer at The-Hold: poetry, prose, art, multimedia.

Thirteen years ago my ex-husband and I took out an advertisement in the Village Voice.

Since our divorce, I've been increasingly less involved with the event - in part - because the new crop of movers & shakers didn't seem to 'get' the original intent.



The new generation must ever tweak the older generation a wee bit, in a spirit of satirical prodding and artistic commerce.


This year's event is subtitled EVENT HORIZON.


I'm bringing my big ol' projector for folks to use (evangelizing digital filmmaking), and am scheduled to perform between 6 & 8 p.m.

Begin to concieve of a 3-minute film to show at the poets' reunion.


Bowery Poetry Club
308 Bowery, New York, NY 10012
212.614.0505
1/1/2007
2pm - midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoa. Hey. Hi. Talk to me.