10.08.2006

Tribute to the Folks' 50th Anniversary

Scanned every photo album I could get my hands on and cut the images together to tunes my parents love. Here's a little 2-D walk through their lives.

The project was my first attempt to use iMovie. It took forever to do. Mostly because I wanted it to be perfect. It's not. Despite my best efforts.

The pipe music is that of the City of Washington Pipe Band, friends of the family.

My parents and grandparents are deeply part of who I am. The better I know them, the better I know myself.

Charlie Glendinning is part of the band and is one of only a few human beings writing contemporary music for the bagpipe. The COW Pipe Band is tight and plays some of Charlie's work on this fine CD titled Scottish Rant


This video was originally shared on blip.tv by Jan of Sound with a Creative Commons Attribution license.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful tribute to your family & their 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jill - any buddy of Jonny Goldstein is a buddy of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so lovely! Wow. 50 years. Amazing. I think the video looked and sounded terrific! And WOW...I have to give a girly shout-out to that wedding dress! Whoooo-eeeee! What a looker!

    I just yesterday inherited "The Box". Allllll the family photos since the late 1800's and I can't wait to fish through them! I've been looking for an excuse to but a scanner! Perfect, right?

    But it's the pics from the 40's and 50's that get me: was everyone on the planet terrific-looking?! The men were all dashing and the ladies all glamorous!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you got THE BOX! Wow! You've moved to the head of that line. Do share some of these folks with us, Miss B.

    RE: the 50's I do believe the answer is "Yes, they were all glamourous and perfect." I think it's the black & white photography, m'self. And actual folks who used light meters and studied the art a bit.

    My grannie studied and considered herself a "professional photographer," even though she was never paid for her work. She had all the proper tools for the job. Hmmm.

    Work hard. Use the proper tools.

    ReplyDelete

Whoa. Hey. Hi. Talk to me.