6.27.2006

A Gift for Bre Pettis' Arsehole

I've stolen Bre Pettis' self-portrait with toilet paper.

I'm a proud poet pirate. Har.

I've a vested interest in the image; the toilet paper was a thank-you prop for a camera. Pettis will get a lot of link-love from me.

When did, "Scratch my back; I'll scratch yours," become anathema and wrong?

Furthermore toward ruthless piracy, I hereby enter Bre's photograph into the toilet paper tag challenge heretofore issued by a certain Kanuk who doesn't like it that I mostly play by my own rules. In other words, he rejected the Faux Press' first toilet paper tag entry because I didn't toss the toilet paper out of the frame. This is pretty much 'out of the frame.' Whaddya think? [;-p]

This...this my friends is vlog conversation. No. It's a multi-media conversation. Isn't it lovely? It's a media vortex we spin when we are deeply interested in really learning what turns each of us on.

KityKity manages to turn me on. Philip Clark and Eric Nelson and fuckin' Chris Weagel make me hot. Sometimes Schlomo gets it really fuckin' right. GapingVoid. Steamin'.

Jay turns me on because he is a gifted community builder and leader.

Ryanne turns me on because she's open. Really open. Jay too. And Markus and Alicia.

And Raymonde.

And Bre.

And Blip.tv

And Mefeedia.

And lots and lots of others. Forgive me. See the sidebar for everyone.

ON PROCESS: Glad to have had a break from more narrative media with the loss of the main camera; to find :10 poems people carry with them.

They are harder to find.

Glad too, to revisit the January tape that's lain undigitized in the probably-broken camera I could not face until now. In the despair of not breathing the same air as the community I love, I turned to the 0's and 1's of ditigal multi-media and made the camera spit out its last bytes.

It was a great visit to cameraphone immersion. Delighted to be back.

Must work and make money. Need new camera and a mixer and another radio mic.

And I know it will come because it's what I'm meant to do.

That, muthafuckas, is what I call 'FAITH'.

[giggle]

Tags:

2 comments:

  1. I imagine shattered pastic and bent metal. Could we theorize that your camera is probably most likely broken now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I thought I was ready to give up its ghost, having visions of repairs. It's a great camera. Sigh. Also want to see if I just wait a bit - add a bit of preroll - that the awful blocky bits will straighten themselves out. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Whoa. Hey. Hi. Talk to me.